Savings Plus

CSS Radio Buttons

Home > Alternate Retirement Program > Plan Information > Managing Your Account

Managing Your Account


By clicking the "Access My Account" link under Quick Links, you can view your account balance, make address changes, and change your password. It's important that you keep your personal information accurate and current. To learn how to update, choose the appropriate category below.

Note: Your pre-tax contribution amount depends on whether you're an excluded, exempt, or represented employee and the bargaining terms therein.


Separated or Retired Participants

If you leave State service, you have two options to update your address:

Written requests will not be accepted.

Employed Participants

If you're working for the State and contributing to a 401(k) Plan account, 457 Plan account, 401(a) ARP account, or 457(b) PST account, submit your address change directly to your departmental personnel/payroll office. Your address will update within the next month.

Name Change

Separated or Retired Participants

If you change your name, including a change due to marriage, you should notify Savings Plus in writing so we can update your account information. Include a copy of the legal documentation changing your name (such as a marriage license) and a copy of your driver's license or Social Security card. Mail this notification to:

Savings Plus Service Center
PO Box 563922
Charlotte, NC 28256

Employed Participants

If you're a current employee contributing to a Savings Plus account, update your name with your personnel or human resources office. Your name will be updated within the next month.



The Savings Plus website requires a password for account access. Your password must be 8 to 20 characters (numerals and letters).

If you don't know your password for accessing your account via the Web, click on the “I forgot my Password” link and follow the prompts to reset your password or call the Savings Plus Service Center to request a new one.